Fertility Nurse (Virtual Clinic)
Obstetrics and gynaecology experience essential
Flexible working from home and/or Manchester city centre office
Part time 2-3 days / week
Will be required to attend occasional meetings in Manchester Head Office
Role overviewWe’re looking for an enthusiastic Fertility Nurse who shares our ambition to revolutionise fertility care by enabling remote video access to the experts from the comfort of a patient’s own home. We are looking for a competent professional with a background in gynaecology, whose exceptional consultation skills can provide advice on pre-conceptual care and support them in optimising their reproductive health, through 1:1 video consultations.
You will need to be able to work remotely as part of a larger clinical team and will also be required to support the operational effectiveness of the clinic, preparation of clinic support materials and support the wider Dr Fertility Team in providing expert fertility education and quality products to their customers.
The Fertility Nurse role is a flexible position working from home and/or our Manchester city centre office. The successful candidate must ensure that they have a suitable environment for consulting with patients and working from home.
What you’ll do:
- Advise people seeking advice on pre-conceptual care and support them in optimising their reproductive health
- Undertake fertility consultations using a variety of online channels and telephone
- Recommend further tests and investigations as appropriate and where required refer patients to other members of the multi-disciplinary team
- Work as part of the multi-disciplinary team to ensure that consultations are correctly carried out in accordance with given policy
- Receive test results and ensure appropriate action is undertaken as per organisational policy.
- Produce legible and comprehensive patient records to agreed Dr Fertility and NMC standards and guidelines.
- To practice in accordance with the current NMC Code of Conduct
- To uphold patient confidentiality except in circumstances permitted by law
- To practise evidence-based nursing, applying accepted and validated research
- To attend mandatory updates and be aware of organisational policies in fire, CPR, manual handling, safeguarding, sickness and absence, infection control, clinical governance, health and safety and risk management
- To participate in regular clinical supervision and training with the clinical team
- To be involved in the development and optimisation of services, attend team meetings and generate new ideas and initiatives
- Support the Dr Fertility Team, promoting good working relationships within the multi-disciplinary team and other internal and external contacts.
What you’ll bring:
- Registered Nurse on the NMC register - Previous fertility nursing experience is essential
- Coaching or counselling qualification or experience is desirable but not essential
- Recent clinical experience in a gynaecology / obstetrics / women’s health environment
- Character and personality are key for our teams to be able to deliver the supportive, caring service we give to all our patients. Our nurses must be patient focused with a friendly, sociable, warm, and empathetic approach
- A sound use of evidence-based practice and ability to demonstrate on-going professional development
- Proficient IT skills including patient record systems and Microsoft Office packages
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Calm under pressure with an ability to work flexibly and collaboratively across a multi-disciplinary team
- Great time management, organisation and flexibility, you’ll need to switch tasks and support where needed throughout the day
- Enthusiasm and self-motivation to enable agile working without the need for continuous supervision and able to demonstrate sound decision-making and problem-solving skills
Salary & benefits
- Negotiable salary dependent upon skills and qualifications
- Flexible working - Home based with occasional need to work from Manchester Office
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday
- Pension scheme
- Ongoing training and development and CPD opportunities
- Manchester office – onsite gym, yoga meditation, free tea/coffee, on site coffee shop, bar, showers and bike hub
Location & working hours
This opportunity is for flexible working from home and/or our Manchester city centre. The position is part-time 2-3 days a week and the clinic operates 10am - 9pm with key hours being 9am - 5pm.
What will working for this company do for your career?
- Allow you to work for a rapidly expanding online Fertility brand with a chance to get in on the ground floor with great future opportunities
- Supply great career development and training opportunities
- Provide various attractive benefits - such as company pension, large holiday allowance and a competitive salary
To apply please email your CV and cover letter to Jo Carey at firstname.lastname@example.org