Our Co-Founders Dr Lucy Buckley (PhD) and Kobi McCardle started Dr Fertility on their maternity leave in 2017, following their own frustrations around the lack of expert fertility support and information for people on their path to parenthood.
Many of us spend most of our adult life trying to avoid getting pregnant, but when the time comes for us to start or expand our family, we are often surprised when it doesn’t happen as quickly as we had hoped.
The lack of access to expert fertility advice and support during this time coupled with the conflicting information on Dr Google, can make people feel confused, alone, anxious and overwhelmed. Sadly, there is still a lot of stigma surrounding fertility which often prevents people seeking support from their family and friends.
Our mission is to revolutionise fertility care and provide rapid access to gold standard personalised fertility care. We want everyone to feel fully informed, emotionally supported and in control on their fertility journey. We will do this through the provision of accessible online medical advice, diagnostic testing, treatment and emotional support.
- Everyone should be able to easily access quality fertility care and emotional support from the very first step of their journey
- People should be able to access ongoing specialised care and support when they need it and for as long as they want it
- No one should feel rushed into assisted fertility treatments and people should be fully informed of all their options when making decisions about their care
- It’s important to listen to our users and use their feedback to help us drive innovative service development
Everyone at Dr Fertility is guided by our core values and ensure they are at the heart of everything we do:
How can we help support you
We support everyone at any stage of their journey by offering male and female fertility education, a range of quality fertility products and online fertility care from the privacy and comfort of their own home.
We are regulated by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and our services include:
- Video consultations with fertility doctors and nurses
- Home blood testing
- Fertility coaching
- Impartial expert advice on whether assisted fertility treatments are the recommended next step
The CQC encourage you to share your experience of the care provided by Dr Fertility to help them monitor the quality of care we provide. You can leave your feedback on their website using this link: https://www.cqc.org.uk/give-feedback-on-care